dinsdag 16 juli 2013

Energy

First published in Dutch August 22, 2012
Liever in het Nederlands lezen?: http://yaramarch.blogspot.nl/2012/08/energie.html

Today, I already have been in Barcelona, The Netherlands and in Argentina. Of course only in my new book.

It is great to discover new places, places I never was before myself. Yara doesn’t mind about my ignorance. For a week already she lets me surf the internet. She makes me collect. Collect all the information I need for my second book.

And despite all that research, the story itself didn’t write well. Especially yesterday it didn’t give me energy at all. And when it gives me no energy, how will that than be for you, my readers. Rereading it I thought it was boring, more a collection of facts than a real gripping story.

I am not the writer of stories that take their time to develop. The story with a lot of little stories in it, that come together at the end of the book. By reading it, you think several times, how smart it is. No I am not that kind of writer.

My books should catch all your attention. From the beginning till the end. There must be tension in it. It should make you curious, curious to how it will end. For me I am satisfied enough as just I can tell myself every evening how smart I did write that day.

Yesterday evening, I was pretty devastated, as Yara whispers in my ear: ‘Your first book starts the same. In the beginning you write the summary. Day by day the words, the sentences, the paragraphs, and the chapters will be written that gives this book the tension and flow you want it to have’.

Today I let my fear go and from that moment on Yara was writing again. The last chapter was erased, the first two chapters rewritten and then the story began to write itself again. And it starts to grow.

The whole day my face was sparkling and it still does.

I enjoy it. I enjoy the beautiful weather today, the story that grows and blooms. And I enjoy Yara. She knows every day again how the story develops.

It feels great to be a writer.

N.B.: Still you can be the main person in The making of …help Yara to publish her books . How? You can read it here: http://yaramarch.blogspot.nl/2013/07/books-get-publisher.html




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten