donderdag 4 juli 2013

Rewrite

Liever in het Nederlands lezen: http://yaramarch.blogspot.nl/2013/07/opnieuw.html

Soon I have to go back to my second book. Carry-Ann the main character in this book, flies to Argentina. She makes a stopover in Barcelona, the city I have never been before.

Together with my computer, I gave her a very nice day. However, it can’t be done in a day. I was already in Valencia and Madrid. Two cities where everything that  is worthwhile to see is close to another. So not in Barcelona. It is spread over the city. I shouldn’t forget that sometimes there are heights between, I didn’t see on the map. And even changing lines in the subway means to walk a lot.

I must admit that you can enjoy sitting on a terrace everywhere in Barcelona. Everywhere except the famous Ramblas, crowded and the least interesting place I have seen.

Rewrite is the only option.

There is enough left to give her a great day.

Even in the book I don’t mention the efficient subway map in the train itself. As in every train they have dramatic lousy speakers. But they have a map on which at the next station a red light is flashing. The light stays on for every station we passed already. At once you can see what’s your next station and in which direction you go. Somebody has been very clever.

I even don’t mention the Gay Pride Parade. At the end of the parade a lot of sweepers and sweepcars cleaned the whole street within five minutes. While we were sitting on the end of the route, we witnessed that the barricades and police left. Within ten minutes after the last truck of the parade, the traffic was going on again. It was just like there never was a partying and dancing crowded parade at all.

I didn’t expect so much efficiency in Spain. In the paper I only hear about everything what’s wrong in this country.  I think I noticed the wrong things. But I like being blind for the wrong things. I have much more fun seeing what’s going well. See that there is also a lot they do good. It gives hope.

In my books a lot of trouble happens. In the end not everything goes well. (Otherwise it would be too predictable). But there are enough happy endings to keep you enjoying. Both life and my books.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten