dinsdag 2 juli 2013

Falling in love

First published in Dutch August 18, 2012

This morning it hit me. Writing is to me like falling in love.

The whole day I feel a little bit excited. As somebody asks me questions about the things I write, I don't stop talking about it anymore. Normally I am interested in my friends and in the people around me, but the only thing I am interested in now is Yara, Yara and again Yara.

In the middle of the night I can wake up with a new idea for a blog or for one of my books to write.

When I wake up in the morning, I want to go to my computer and write, write, write. This blog I write before breakfast. This night there were so many ideas in my mind, that I don't feel relaxed enough to sit in the sun with the paper and my breakfast. No, I have to write first.

All the other things to do, at the time seem less important. Even the funny things. The only thing that really gives fun is to write.

I hardly don't read, I don't ly in my hammock in the sun anymore, don't watch tele. My favorite series have to wait for me a little bit longer. I can hardly concentrate on my work, the paper or a book. I sit, my mind somewhere else, dreaming. Thinking of a new piece of  text.

I also do everything for Yara. All those things I never dared. For Yara I do. Blogging (it even is fun), make friends on facebook, tweet. Yara goes into social media.

The whole day it feels like I'm in heaven. I feel great every time I wrote a new blog or a new part of the book. I feel completely satisfied.

I feel that lovely itch every time I open my computer and read what I wrote before. Lucky when I surprised think that it is really great what I wrote. Or excited that I can rewrite it even better.

All that urge, al that really satisfying work, that itchy feeling in my stomach, that feeling as if the whole world only moves around one thing and one thing only: writing. That' s just like the feeling I have when I am falling in love.


That's why I love writing so much. Say it yourself. Nothing goes above falling in love!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten