woensdag 12 juni 2013

Bi-name-ual

First written in Dutch July 27 2012

I always thought that my first book would have an international appearance. Not a typical Dutch book, whatever that may be. Especially not typical Dutch names.

As you already can guess, my main characters have typical Dutch names. 
Now wasn’t that a problem since I was writing for my own pleasure alone and what’s in a name.

Till this week. While I was swimming my main characters got new names, Good sounding names. As well in English as in German. Even in Dutch they sound better.

My whole life it was hard for me to remember names.  Knowing that, next to my computer I have a list with all the names of the people in my book (especially the last names are very difficult to bring to mind). Next to the ‘old’ name now stands a new name on the list.

For me they already have two names. From now on I am not bilingual, but bi-name-ual.


I am curious which names  will be the ones in the book. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten