zondag 9 juni 2013

gaming

First published in Dutch July 23, 2012

Besides that it’s fun to write, I have fun about a lot of other things that happen to me since Yara March is born.

Writing this blog for instance.

Or the very interesting people I meet. M. the journalist who already published a (science) book.

Curious as I am, I want to know how many words his book has. Open, as he is, he tells me proudly: 50.000. With pictures and notes it became quit a voluminous book. For Germany it even was 10.000 words too voluminous.  Science, what else.

We were on a camping site together, so I met M. and his wife every day. I couldn’t help telling him every day how much I did write that day. When I almost did write 49.000 words I boasted to him, that I was going to defeat him. I just could stop me from stabbing my tongue.

He did, as he said: ‘But I’ve been published and you didn’t.

His wife supported me and said: ‘But she will within a year’.

M. as big a boaster as I am couldn’t help himself as he said to his wife: But I was in the bestseller list and that she (pointing at me) should proof .

His wife looked amazed as she said ‘I didn’t know that, you never told me. A bit ashamed he had to admit that it only was place 70 or so. And only for one week.

Secretly I thought: somewhere in the future I can do better. I hope it isn’t just boasted.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten