zaterdag 8 juni 2013

Fast

First written in Dutch July 22, 2012

Lately I got mail. In that mail I was pointed to a book titled ‘How to write a book in 14 days.

The sender didn’t understand me at all.

I write because I love to write. And when you have fun in what you are doing, you don’t  want to finish it as soon as possible. I want to let it last as long as possible.

Compare writing to making love. You don’t want that to rush, don’t you? (Maybe here is a slight difference between men and woman, but still)

I know that book and learned from it, that you start with a structure. In that structure you should make little parts. Each part with a max of 5 sentences. You have to write  part by part. Each till it is ready. Before you know it is a book. Non-fiction of course.

But what I love so much is that I don’t have to think about structure, content, and so on. It happens. The book writes by itself. And I discover that without notice, there is a lot of structure already in it. Just as figures of speech. Different storylines are coming together as if it is the only way it can happen.


Unnoticed they are suddenly in. That’s real fun, isn’t it? 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten