vrijdag 14 juni 2013

It’s done

First published in Dutch July 29 2012

It’s  july 29, 2012, 17.30 and I just finished the last sentence. To my own surprise I wrote 5864 words today. Almost twice my normal best record of the day. Now it’s done. Without the thanks, motto, introduction my book finishes on 83.581 words.

Even now, 6 minutes later it feels not real. My discovery tour ends now.

But now the hard work starts.

I will be the first who is allowed to read the entire book. Even critical. I have to remove the mistakes, the clerical errors, the words that repeat too often, less beautiful phrases and so on.

Maybe I can add something here and there or I even have to remove text that doesn’t fit anymore.

Then comes the real hard part. Others are allowed to read my child. Can I stand the critical remarks? Or do I secretly think that they should review it as great as I do?

If there is an overdrive for the word proud, I am now. Superlistic proud on the book I wrote. What I read till now surprised even me.

And then the least important part of  all. Although M. thinks it is the most exciting thing of writing a book. To find an agent. An agent that knows which publisher deserves my book.

So if one of you knows an agent that fits:

My first book* is ready to get published.

Yara March, Prato Valerino, july 29, 2012

* Dutch titel: ‘Cupcakes en een koffer’ (English title not ready until the translation of the book)






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten