woensdag 26 juni 2013

More love

First published in Dutch August 14, 2012

It happened today. The book that was already in my mind in Italy, today gave permission to get written. For a while it was thrilling. My mind was very occupied. Next to the non-fiction book I am writing, there are three new stories to tell. Which one will be the first? Even for me that’s the question.

Today I started and I am surprised that it is still the same as in ‘Dangerous Cupcakes’. The book writes itself. Also the same is that I write and I have to go to former passages and add some new parts of the story. Unfortunately  after six, seven hours I get tired. The next chapters are already anxious to get written. My experience (what does that sound good!) tells me that I can better stop now. From now on it takes too much time to write it down. But can you imagine that I hardly can wait till Tuesday, the day I have the time again to continue writing.

I am satisfied. De first six A4’s are written, 3354 words. A fantastic start. Certainly as you should know that this book finds its scenery in Argentina. A country I don’t know at all. That means a lot of Googling today. In ‘Dangerous Cupcakes’ the main characters know a lot of (old) music.  That was easy for me, while I know a lot of it too. Was a lot of research less. Till now two main characters have something with old (black and white) movies. That’s not my speciality. For example the next lady has a small part in my second book: Merle Oberon. I never had heard about her, but as it happens one of the main characters thinks that another main character looks like her. I found this woman on Google. Beautiful looks, with a life story that reads like a book.


Lovely story, isn’t it?

Writing is fun, do you see? I know the strangest facts, read juicy life stories, see beautiful pictures of nature and type, type, type.

The other side of the coin is less fun. This book let me know already: it wants to get published too.

It urges me to get an agent or publisher for ‘Dangerous cupcakes’. That’s not the job I had in mind. I’m just the writer. So I’m postponing it.

It’s easier to let you do it for me. Feel free to react when you feel encouraged:

Do you love in books:
  • a combination of love, excitement and unexpected events
  • to get moved,
  • to be so curious about the next that you bite your nails
  • to laugh out loud
  • that you hardly can’t stop reading


Are you curious about the first book of Yara March ‘Dangerous Cupcakes’ (till now only available in Dutch ‘Cupcakes en een koffer’) and do you know somebody who can get it published, let me know! (or sent this request to others)

Do you want to know how it is going on with Yara March and her books? Stay with her by reading her blogs on: yaramarch.blogspot.com

I tweet on @YaraMarch.1 in English and @YaraMarch in Dutch and I am on linkedin.

I am still learning publicity so wait for pinterest and facebook.

Till the next blog.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten