maandag 3 juni 2013

How it began …

This blog was previously published in Dutch on July 18, 2012

Have you ever wanted to write a book?

Well, I did.

But what should I write about? What kind of book would it be: a thriller, a chicklit? Would I be able to write an excellent literary masterwork? Or should I write a nonfiction book as I  am an expert in my profession.

Not just the difficulty to choose what kind of book it had to be,  stopped me from starting. The genre gave me a lot of thought  too, as did things like first or third person, past tense and so on. I could not get myself to begin.

For years I had more than enough reasons to postpone. Till march 2012. I decided I didn’t care anymore about the how, the kind of book, the grammar. I just wanted to write. So I began.

If it would become a book? Who cares, the least myself.  I write because I like to. Nothing more or less. For my own fun only.

Dear readers, I discovered how much I love to write! I just sit down and let it happen. I write parts of a story and this story develops while I ‘m writing.

My husband is very curious and asked me if he could read what I have written so far, but I have to disappoint him. It is just not finished yet.

It would be allright if it would be at the end of the book, but even I don’t know where in the story it isn't finished. I ‘ll have to write and rewrite. It happens in the beginning,  in the middle and sometimes  in parts of the last chapters. And I like it that way. The words just flow from my fingers to the laptop. Interesting to discover that a new part of the story often also means that other parts have to be rewritten.  So he’ll have to wait.

And now 18 July 2012 I already wrote 49.437 words and the story  grows to a combination of a chicklit and a detective. One of the main characters  writes in the first person and the others from the third person.

And I, I write and gleam. Gleam because I love writing. Gleam because I know already who did it.  But the way you , my reader, will explore who did it, with hints and clues in the book, I  discover myself every day a bit more. That is really fun!

As I need music,  as part of the story, it is essential, I discover the most beautiful  songs.  I now know many facts where the story requires it. Discoveries I made from behind my screen. That is fun too.

Yesterday a title suddenly appeared. I will write about that in one of my next blogs.

The story has become a  book. Now it deserves a writer.

This morning was born March, Yara. The pseudonym where my writings will feel at home.

In my blogs you will learn more about  the new world I discover: The world of writing.

From now regularly new blogs in:

The Making of … Yara March 

Enjoy reading

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten