woensdag 5 juni 2013

Book



First published July 20, 2012

Sometimes I tell people lately that I write.
Immediately they ask: ‘What do you write: a book?’

Till now my standard answer was: ‘No, just for my pleasure. I don’t know if it will be a book. I will see. I don’t mind if it becomes a book. For me  the pleasure is in the writing. When it is finished, I have had my fun already.

This week I met M. Is it a coïncidence that he has the same name as one of my main characters?
M. said to me: ‘But you don’t know yet how many pleasure you get, when your book is published . When you see for the first time that  it  lies in the shop window’.

As I asked him if he had experienced that feeling, he had to admit. But he did it with a big and happy smile. Of course it was just a science book, but whatever, it was a real book.

I noticed that his remarks hit me. Since I do talk about writing a book, has my book got a title and I do have a real writersname.


Suddenly it becomes very real 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten