maandag 10 juni 2013

What’s in a name

First published in Dutch July 24, 2012

Yara March. I am so proud of my name.

It fits like a glove.

The name I was looking for, must be ME. With Yara March it is.

First I played with the letters of my name in real life. But I wasn’t satisfied.

Then I gave myself more space. March was easy to find. I am born in March. My first name gave me more trouble. Just as for a new born I looked it up in a dictionary of names. That didn’t work.

More brainstorming. New way of searching.

My motto is: What’s the end for a grub is the beginning of a butterfly. Butterfly it must be. But that’s only in Dutch a nice name. It should be also a nice name in other countries. More neutral. More international.

Googling with the topics girls names and butterfly gave me 5 names. Yara was one of them.

Yara: The meaning is water lady and small butterfly (Arab and Brazilian)

I always have had a fling with water. This name became better and better. According to Google there was only one Yara March and so the domain name was still free also.

Yara March could be born.

Nota Bene:

In English Yara means ‘princess’. My love speak up loud: ‘that fits also. You are my princess’. And that even sounded not at all too sweet.

For this blog I needed the exact text and I found something new. According to the Brazilian Mythology: Iara was a beautiful goddess with green hair and fair skin.

My hair have had all colours of the rainbow, except green. Here it is.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten