maandag 24 juni 2013

Impatience

First published in Dutch, August 8 2012
Lees je liever in het Nederlands? http://yaramarch.blogspot.nl/2012/08/ongeduld.html

Today it’s sporting day. After the start with an hour yoga, then an hour on the cross walker, I finished with a 45 minute swim. And while swimming it happened again. Words started to swing in my brain.

When I came home this afternoon, I started with my non-fiction book. Goes on fast. I aspect that this book will grow by itself also.

There is a problem with my second chicklit. (modern love story) This morning there suddenly were two story’s. Which will be the one I have to start with? Why do I always have such luxury problems?

I will wait till tomorrow morning and I will see which one wants my attention most. Maybe I should write them both at the same time. Only I probably can’t find the time for it.

One of my favourite writers, Jill Mansell, writes it on her website as follows: ‘she writes full time. Actually that’s not true; she watches TV, eats fruit gums, admires the rugby players training in the sports field behind her house, and spends hours on the internet marvelling at how many other writers have blogs. Only when she’s completely run out of displacement activities does she write.’
At the moment I feel a bit the same. While swimming I have enough time to think how I can manage to take more time for writing.

Most of the time I deny that there are all that things I should do, I hardly look television and I don’t read books anymore. Normally my free time favourites.
Today I also found time to read the next twelve pages of my first book. I read everything so often, that I hardly can judge if my book is worthwhile to read.

Is it a book :
  • o   You hardly can stop to read
  • o   You are gniffle or even laugh out loud with
  • o   That’s exciting because you want to know what’s going on?
  • o   In which it takes you almost to the end, before you know who’s done it?
  • o   You get thrilled at all the lovescenes
  • o   You get that much touched that you even now and then pink away a tear
  • o   You are satisfied that you buy it 

Of course I hope it is this all. Finally it is you, the reader who is making the final judgement.

I almost can’t wait. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten